REGULATION (EU) N. 305/2011 OF THE PARLIAMENT AND COUNCIL dated March 19th, 2011 has recently revoked this Directive. This Regulation now sets standard conditions for the sale of building products.
The EC logo on the product labels certifies them as in line with the Regulation and allows their sales in the European market. The majority of insulating products for the building industry — such as rock or glass wool, extruded and expanded polystyrene, polyurethane, cellular glass, phenolic foams, wooden fibres, perlites and expanded cork - fall under specific standard European rules and are therefore subject to EC marking. The EC label must carry the following information:
- Dimensions / Size
- Certified thermal resistance values R and "λ” declared
- The certified thermal conductivity value, λD, and its derived thermal resistance value, RD are provided as maximum values representing at least 90% of production with a confidence level of 90%. This is defined as "Fractal λ 90/90".
- The thermal conductivity value k is rounded up to 0,001 W/(m·K) and certified for increments of 0,001 W/(m.K).
- The thermal resistance value is rounded down to 0,05 m².K/W and certified for increments of 0,05 m²·K/W
- Reaction to fire classification.
COMPLEMENTARY INFORMATION DEPENDING ON APPLICATION:
- Dimensional stability
- Compressive strength
- Tensile strength
- Airflow resistance
- Water absorption
HOW TO READ A LABEL
- Year of issue of the certificate according to the CPD:05=2005
- Identification number of the certification body (Ist. Giordano=0407)
- Harmonized product standard
- CPD identification code where MW means mineral wool, EN 13162 is the product standard, T2 the tolerance class of thickness
- Certificate number according to the CPD
- Number of Performance Statement DoP (according to Regulation 305/2011)
- Unique product identification code
- Link to download the Performance Statement
- Intended use of the product
- Batch identification code and date of production
- Declared thermal conductivity value
- Declared thermal resistance value
- Euroclass reaction to fire
- Compliance with Directive 97/69 / EC and safety precautions